FINS curriculum focuses on efficient swimming stroke techniques with a programme structure recommended for children aged 5 and above.
Provides children water safety awareness and builds confidence in the water.
Duration: 6 months
- Water confidence
- Basic survival floating
- Bubbles Blowing - Inhale via Mouth, Exhale via Nose
- Starfish Float (Front and Back)
- Recovery to Standing Position from Floating Position
- Streamline Flutter Kick (with Swimming Board)
Acquire new swim strokes by stages in conjunction with breathing techniques.
Duration: 12 months
To complete the FINS Intermediate programme, swimmers need to be able to swim the below strokes by 25m (half a lap) without assistance and demonstrating the correct stroke techniques.
» FRONT CRAWL (FREESTYLE)
» SURVIVAL BACKSTROKE/SIDESTROKE
Duration: 9 months
» Focus on water survival and strokes improvement, endurance training starting from 100m to 400m.
Development / Pre-Squad
With the completion of ADVANCED Level, students are encouraged to join the DEVELOPMENT CLASS or PRE-SQUAD which enhances training on perfecting the 4 different strokes including acquiring the Butterfly stroke. The programme focuses on endurance through distance swimming; and speed through sprints and time trial.
- Development classes are conducted weekly, lasting an hour for each session.
- Pre-Squad classes are conducted twice weekly, lasting two hours each session.